- Determine the most effective way to protect computers, networks, software, data and information systems against any possible attacks
- Interview staff and heads of departments to determine specific issues
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
- Prepare cost estimates and identify integration issues for IT project managers
- Plan, research and design robust security architectures for IT projects
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria
- Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings
- Provide technical supervision for (and guidance too) a security team
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents and provide a thorough post-event analysis
- Update and upgrade security systems as needed
- A lot of these responsibilities will depend on the terms of the consulting contract. For example, some companies may expect a consulting firm to monitor and maintain any security plan that is implemented.
In a large organisation, the information security consultant will typically collaborate with IT Project Managers and/or a Security Manager. In my role as an expert consultant, I will design and implement the best security solutions for your organisation’s needs.
Before you receive that notice or your site falls prey to a cyber attack, contact me to begin your assessments.